Maths or Physics Internship – Job Description
To gain experience working in a teaching environment within a school.
To develop knowledge, skills and understanding which will support an application into initial teacher training, leading to a career in teaching.
Main Duties include:
- Observing and supporting teachers during lessons
- Leading 1:1 tuition and small group work with students
- Carrying out a research project.
- Attending relevant in house training
- Completing a reflective log
- Presentation of learning to Partnership Headteachers, senior leaders and peers
- Physics interns will also carry out laboratory work, including supporting science technicians
- Support of extra-curricular trips, visits and enhancements as appropriate
Internship Dates and Times:
Induction day: Monday 22nd June.
Professional Studies: Thursday 25th June, Thursday 2nd July and Thursday 9th July, followed by 4 weeks/28 days in June and July (Actual days to be agreed between intern and host school).
Most interns will work 8.30am – 4.00pm
Pay: £300 a week for 4 weeks
- Undergraduate studying for a Maths, Physics or related degree eg: Engineering;
Accountancy and/or Maths or Physics ‘A’ level (Grade B or above) or equivalent
- A desire to teach and work with students
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Mrs Ann Wilks | Lyons Hall Primary School, Deerleap Way, Braintree. Essex, CM7 9FH |For an application pack or for more information, please contact:
Tel: 07917 734531 | Email: directorPLN@lyonshall.org.uk